Luminary members are the leaders of the Art Institute member community—a team of visionaries fostering access and engagement for our entire Chicago community and beyond.
Luminary membership is open to all who support the museum with an annual unrestricted gift of $2,500 or more.
Your fully tax-deductible gift supports the museum’s mission to advance the exchange of ideas and promote an expansive understanding of human creativity, and serves as the catalyst for curatorial scholarship and revelatory research. As a Luminary, you are invited to experience our extraordinary collection through special engagements and exclusive museum access.
Already a Luminary? Renew online.
Interested in more information about Luminary? We’d be delighted to hear from you; please contact us at (312) 443-3735 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We invite you to take part in moments of connection, reflection, and learning with our singular and wide-ranging collections with elevated concierge services. From personalized tours led by our world-class curators to exclusive conservation access and museum-wide programs, there is always something new—and extraordinary—for Luminary members.
- Invitations to select exhibition preview receptions, tours, and lectures—programs exclusive to Luminary members
- Direct communications from the President and Eloise W. Martin Director, trustees, and museum leaders
- Concierge service providing museum access for family and friends
- Recognition on the annual donor wall
- Opportunity to join select Luminary travel
All Luminary Bronze benefits, plus:
- Priority seating at select member lectures, curator talks, and other programs and events
- Customized museum tours, behind-the-scenes access, and VIP passes to domestic and international art fairs upon request, when available
All Luminary Silver benefits, plus:
- Priority access for select special exhibitions with virtual lines
- Additional behind-the-scenes experiences with curators, conservators, exhibition artists, or lecturers, exclusive to Luminary Gold and higher
All Luminary Gold benefits, plus:
- Private curator-led tour of the galleries or special exhibition of your choice while the museum is closed to the public
- Dedicated staff liaison to personally customize your experience at the Art Institute of Chicago, museums worldwide, and select international art shows
All Luminary Platinum benefits, plus:
- Invitations to private events with the President and Eloise W. Martin Director
- Opportunity to join a museum curator on an international trip
Luminary Trust and Luminary Council
Luminary Council and Luminary Trust are the preeminent members at the Art Institute, with long and important histories of supporting new acquisitions, exhibitions, and special projects and priorities. Through a variety of events hosted by James Rondeau, President and Eloise W. Martin Director, Luminary Council and Luminary Trust members have the opportunity to participate in ongoing discussions about the conservation and preservation of the collection, gain an inside look at future ambitions, and help to uphold and further the Art Institute’s mission.
Participation begins with an annual gift of $100,000. For additional information please contact Samantha Shank, associate director of Philanthropy, at email@example.com.