The Architecture & Design Society supports the acquisitions, exhibitions, and educational programs of the Art Institute’s Department of Architecture and Design. Members enjoy a rich array of lectures and special events with acclaimed architects and designers.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Invitations to exclusive dinner receptions
- Early access for table purchases at Masterpiece, the Art Institute’s gala
- All Silver-level benefits for up to 8 people
- Recognition as a supporter of the Architecture & Design Society’s annual event
- Private curator-led tour opportunities
- All Bronze-level benefits for up to 6 people
- Special access to Chicago-area exhibitions and expos
- All Benefactor-level benefits for up to 4 people
- Unique access to the museum’s permanent collection
- Special opportunities to engage with the chair and curators in the Architecture and Design Department
- All Patron-level benefits
- Invitations to exclusive receptions
- Opportunities for off-site tours of unique design spaces and architectural environments
- All Sponsor-level benefits
- Invitations to exhibition openings
- Special access to select exhibition celebrations
- All Friend-level benefits for 2 people
- Invitation to the Architecture & Design Society’s annual event
- Special access to select architecture and design exhibitions at the Art Institute
- Opportunities to receive American Institute of Architects (AIA) credits at lectures
Opening Breakfast for My Building, Your Design: Seven Portraits by David Hartt
Nichols Board of Trustees Suite
Canadian David Hartt’s photographic series of iconic contemporary buildings explores the dichotomy between the daily experience of a building and the architect’s original design concept. A&D Society members are invited to a breakfast and a conversation between the artist and Neville Bryan Assistant Curator Maite Borjabad.
The Butler VanderLinden Lecture on Architecture featuring Tadao Ando
Thursday, October 11
Pritzker Prize–winning architect Tadao Ando returns to Chicago to discuss his body of work, noted for its visual simplicity and sensitivity to the surrounding environment.
Patron Member Tour of Wrightwood 659
Wednesday, November 14
The recently completed Tadao Ando–designed exhibition space formally opens this fall. Members of the A&D Society at the Patron level or above will have the unique opportunity to experience the opening exhibition, Ando and Le Corbusier: Masters of Architecture, on the evening of November 14.
Lecture: Christien Meindertsma
Thursday, December 13
Artist and designer Christien Meindertsma discusses her work and previews what will be featured in her upcoming Franke/Herro Design Series exhibition, set to open March 2019.
Bess Tremonto Cook
James N. Alexander*
Heiji Choy Black
Karen Lilly Mozer*
Alice Young Sabl*
Bruce A. Simons*
* Denotes Life Director