The Art Institute is open once again—please be sure to reserve or buy your tickets online before your visit.
Of course, the museum experience is a little different, as we’ve taken precautions to protect the health and safety of our visitors and our staff. Please note the following changes and see the full list of new visiting policies.
In addition, we have decided to take the precautionary step of suspending K–12 guided and self-guided student tours in the museum until a later date.
Please direct any questions to School Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We continue to encourage you to explore our online and digital resources for learning.
- Sign up for our Educator Newsletter below to stay up to date on the latest resources, programming, and opportunities for educators to connect.
- Follow our Educator Programs Facebook page for inspirational classroom activities.
- Check out our Educator Resources for informational packets on individual artworks, thematic curriculum guides, tips and tutorials, and student activity sheets that can be used in both remote and in-school learning contexts
- Visit the museum virtually to explore the Art Institute’s exhibitions and collection online.
- Ask an Educator: Our Volunteer Educators have years of experience engaging students with art. Guided by the information you provide, our Volunteer Educators will select from the Art Institute of Chicago’s global art collection and digital resources to support your remote or in-class teaching.
- Explore upcoming virtual events to see if there is an event that might support your teaching