About this artwork
Rauschenberg employed a broken stone to make two versions of this print. The title refers superficially to the broken stone, but also may be a reference to his manner of composition.
- Currently Off View
- Prints and Drawings
- Robert Rauschenberg
- Breakthrough II
- United States (Artist's nationality)
- Made 1965
- Color lithograph on white wove paper
- Image: 111.6 × 79 cm (43 15/16 × 31 1/8 in.); Sheet: 123 × 86.5 cm (48 7/16 × 34 1/16 in.)
- U.L.A.E. Collection acquired through a challenge grant of Mr. and Mrs. Thomas Dittmer; purchased with funds provided by supporters of the Department of Prints and Drawings; Centennial Endowment; Margaret Fisher Endowment Fund
- © Robert Rauschenberg Foundation.