About this artwork
Rosenquist made Cold Spaghetti Postcard and Horse Blinders Flash Card in response to Tatyana Grosman’s urging to make large prints to match the scale of his monumentally sized paintings. Instead, the artist chose to make these tiny images, which were not literally postcards, to demonstrate that “the billboard painter”—as Rosenquist was called because of his earlier career as a sign painter—could be a miniaturist too.
- Currently Off View
- Prints and Drawings
- James Rosenquist
- Cold Spaghetti Postcard
- United States (Artist's nationality)
- Made 1968
- Color lithograph on white wove paper
- Image: 11.2 × 15.8 cm (4 7/16 × 6 1/4 in.); Sheet: 50.9 × 63.7 cm (20 1/16 × 25 1/8 in.)
- U.L.A.E. Collection acquired through a challenge grant of Mr. and Mrs. Thomas Dittmer; purchased with funds provided by supporters of the Department of Prints and Drawings; Centennial Endowment; Margaret Fisher Endowment Fund
- © 2019 Estate of James Rosenquist/Licensed by VAGA at Artists Rights Society (ARS), NY.