Art Institute of Chicago, A Guide to the Paintings in the Permanent Collection (Chicago, 1932), p. 193.
“A Painting by Schiavone,” Bulletin of The Art Institute of Chicago 27 (1933), pp. 39, 44, ill.
Daniel Catton Rich, Catalogue of the Charles H. and Mary F. S. Worcester Collection of Paintings, Sculpture, and Drawings (Chicago, 1938), p. 14, no. 9, pl. VIII.
Bernard Berenson, Italian Pictures of the Renaissance: Venetian School, vol. 1 (London, 1957), p. 168.
Art Institute of Chicago, Paintings in The Art Institute of Chicago: A Catalogue of the Picture Collection (Chicago, 1961), p. 309.
Burton B. Fredericksen and Federico Zeri, Census of Pre-Nineteenth-Century Italian Paintings in North American Public Collections (Cambridge, Massachusetts, 1972), pp. 185, 275, 571.
Christopher Lloyd, Italian Paintings before 1600 in the Art Institute of Chicago: A Catalogue of the Collection (Chicago, 1993), pp. 267–69, ill.
The University of Chicago, The Renaissance Society, Religious Art from the Fourth Century to the Present Time, February 20–March 7, 1930, no. 30.
Art Gallery of Toronto, Italian Old Masters and German Primitives, 1931, no. 31a.
The Art Institute of Chicago, A Century of Progress, June 1–November 1, 1933, no. 133.
Grand Rapids Art Gallery, Michigan, Community Angels Build, December 1, 1959– January 4, 1960, no. cat.
London art market [according to a letter from Agnew to Daniel Catton Rich dated February 25, 1937 in curatorial file]; purchased by Agnew, London and New York, by 1930 [according to letter referenced above and registrar’s records]; sold by Agnew to Charles H. Worcester, Chicago, 1930, as by Schiavone [according to registrar’s records and Chicago 1930; a document dated October 11, 1945 indicates that it was owned by Mary F. S. Worcester]; intermittently on loan to the Art Institute from 1930; given to the Art Institute, 1947.
Object information is a work in progress and may be updated as new research findings emerge. To help improve this record, please email .