Walter Lehmann and Dr. Heinrich Doering, Kunstgeschichte des Alten Peru (Verlag Ernst Wasmuth A.G., 1924), pl. V. (color ill.).
Walter Lehmann and Heinrich Doering, Ph.D., The Art of Old Peru (Ernst Wasmuth Ltd., 1924), pl. V. (color ill.).
Heinrich U. Doering, Old Peruvian Art (E. Weyhe, 1936), pl. V. (color ill.).
Heinrich Ubbelohde-Doering, The Art of Ancient Peru (Frederick A. Praeger, 1952), pl. 134 (ill.).
Heinrich Ubbelohde-Doering, The Art of Ancient Peru, 2nd ed., (Frederick A. Praeger, 1954), pl. 134 (ill.).
Walter Lehmann and Heinrich Doering, The Art of Old Peru, reissued (Hacker Art Books, 1975), pl. V. (color ill.).
Glenn C. Nelson, Ceramics: A Potter’s Handbook (Holt, Reinhart and Winston, 1984), p. 37 (ill.).
Richard Townsend, “Deciphering the Nazca World: Ceramic Images from Ancient Peru,” Art Institute of Chicago Museum Studies 11, 2 (Spring 1985), pg. 121 (ill.).
Richard F. Townsend, ed., The Ancient Americas: Art from Sacred Landscapes, exh. cat. (Art Institute of Chicago/Prestel Verlag, 1992), pp. 298, 379 (ill.).
Fred Kleiner, Gardner’s Art Through the Ages (Harcourt Brace College Publishers, 2001), (ill.).
Gardner’s Art Through the Ages [print form and accompanying CD-ROM] (Wadsworth Publishing, Winter 2003).
Art Institute of Chicago, The Ancient Americas: Art from Sacred Landscapes, October 10, 1992–January 3, 1993, cat. 192, pp. 298, 379; traveled to Houston, Museum of Fine Arts, February 4–April 18, 1993, and Los Angeles Country Museum of Art, June 6–August 15, 1993.
Zurich, Switzerland, Museum Rietberg Zurich, Nasca: Geheimnisvolle Zeichen im Alten Peru, June 20–October 3, 1999, cat.; traveled to Vienna, Museum fur Volkerkunde, October 29, 1999–January 31, 2000.
Eduard Gaffron (1861–1931), Lima, Peru, from 1892 to 1912, then Berlin, from [History of the Department report (Joanne Behrens, 1985) and correspondence in curatorial file]; by descent to his children Mercedes Gaffron, Berlin then Durham S.C. and Hans Gaffron (1902–1979), Berlin then Chicago [correspondence and documentation of the Gaffron Collection in curatorial file]; sold to the Art Institute, 1955.
Object information is a work in progress and may be updated as new research findings emerge. To help improve this record, please email .