Wool (camelid), tubular three- and five-color complementary warp and three-color complementary weft plain weave, double cloth; braided warp cut fringe
453 × 4.5 cm (178 3/8 × 1 3/4 in.)
Kate S. Buckingham Endowment
Extended information about this artwork
Art Institute of Chicago, Mexican, Central, and South American Textiles: A Living Legacy, October 28, 1992-January 17, 1993.
Eduard Gaffron (1861–1931), Lima, Peru, from 1892 to 1912, then Berlin, from [History of the Department report (Joanne Behrens, 1985) and correspondence in curatorial file]; by descent to his children Mercedes Gaffron, Berlin then Durham S.C. and Hans Gaffron (1902–1979), Berlin then Chicago [correspondence and documentation of the Gaffron Collection in curatorial file]; sold to the Art Institute, 1955.
Object information is a work in progress and may be updated as new research findings emerge. To help improve this record, please email . Information about image downloads and licensing is available here.