Brush and brown wash, heightened with lead white (partially oxidized) and pink gouache, over black chalk, on blue laid paper, laid down on ivory laid paper
Inscribed recto, lower left, in graphite: "Elisabeta Sirani"; inscribed verso, upper center, in pen and brown ink: "Tiarini"; upper left, in graphite: 'Linda and Sophronia /freed by Clorinda/from Tasso Gerusalemme lib[erata]"
262 × 205 mm
The Leonora Hall Gurley Memorial Collection
IIIF Manifest The International Image Interoperability Framework (IIIF) represents a set of open standards that enables rich access to digital media from libraries, archives, museums, and other cultural institutions around the world.
Sold, Puttick & Simpson, London, May 15, 1914 [stamp verso, lower center on mount, in purple], to William F. E. Gurley (1854–1943), Chicago [stamps (Lugt 5308), recto, lower right, and verso, center, in black] to the Art Institute of Chicago for the Leonora Hall Gurley Memorial Collection [stamp (Lugt 1230b) verso, in black], 1922.
Object information is a work in progress and may be updated as new research findings emerge. To help improve this record, please email . Information about image downloads and licensing is available here.