Pen and brown ink, with brush and brown wash, over black chalk, with incising, on tan laid paper, pieced and laid down on ivory laid paper
Inscribed recto, lower left, in pen and brown ink: "[sc]uola del Bricio"; inscribed verso, lower right on mount, in graphite: "S.B. 70"; lower center on mount, in graphite (in Gurley hand): "––b. abt. 1600 –d–"
474 × 301 mm
The Leonora Hall Gurley Memorial Collection
IIIF Manifest The International Image Interoperability Framework (IIIF) represents a set of open standards that enables rich access to digital media from libraries, archives, museums, and other cultural institutions around the world.
Aikman collection; sold, Puttick & Simpson, London, Mar. 14, 1913 [stamp verso, lower right of mount, in purple], to William F. E. Gurley (1854–1943), Chicago [stamp (Lugt 5308), recto, lower left, in black] to the Art Institute of Chicago for the Leonora Hall Gurley Memorial Collection [stamp (Lugt 1230b) verso, center of mount, in black], 1922.
Object information is a work in progress and may be updated as new research findings emerge. To help improve this record, please email . Information about image downloads and licensing is available here.