Maria Rosa Montiani Bensi, “Iconografie ebraiche e protestanti nella pittura di Alessandro Magnasco,” Studi di storia delle arti 9 (1997–1999), p. 205.
Paris, Galerie Sambon, Alessandro Magnasco, catalogue des oeuvres de ce maitre exposeés a la Galerie Sambon, 22 May - 12 June 1929, suppl. no. 24, pl. 2.
Rome, Palazzo Massimo alle Colonne, Cinque pittori del settecento - Ghislandi, Crespi, Magnasco, Bazzani, Ceruti, April 1943, p. 62-63, no. 41 (ill.).
Buffalo, Albright Art Gallery, Trends in Painting 1600-1800, 2 October - 3 November 1957, p. 42, 43 (ill.).
Hartford, Wadsworth Atheneum, Let There Be Light, 11 March - 26 April 1964, no. 210.
Arthur Sambon, Paris, 1929 [according to Paris 1926, suppl. no 24]. Bessand, Paris, by 1931. [according to Delogu, 1931, p. 124]; bought by Italico Brass (d. 1943), Venice, by c. 1932 [see letter by from his grandson, Italico Brass Jr. to Henry Clifford, Philadelphia Museum of Art, regarding the provenance of the pendant, The Catechism in the Cathedralof Milan; copy in curatorial file]; by descent to his son Alessandro Brass [see 19 November 1949 letter from Alessandro Brass to Daniel Catton Rich in curatorial file]; sold by Alessandro Brass to the Art Institute, 1949.
Object information is a work in progress and may be updated as new research findings emerge. To help improve this record, please email .