a (jar): 9.6 × 12 × 12 cm (3.80 × 4.75 × 4.75 in)
b (lid): 2.6 × 9.6 9.5 cm (1.06 × 3.79 × 3.77 in)
Gift of Alfred Emerson
Extended information about this artwork
Karen B. Alexander, “From Plaster to Stone: Ancient Art at the Art Institute of Chicago,” in Karen Manchester, Recasting the Past: Collecting and Presenting Antiquities at the Art Institute of Chicago (Chicago: Art Institute of Chicago; New Haven: Yale University Press, 2012), p. 26.
Alfred Emerson (1859-1943), Chicago; given to the Art Institute of Chicago, 1910.
Object information is a work in progress and may be updated as new research findings emerge. To help improve this record, please email . Information about image downloads and licensing is available here.