Watercolor, with touches of gouache, and graphite, on ivory wove paper
137 × 227 mm
Given in memory of Charles Barnett Goodspeed by Mrs. Charles B. Goodspeed
Extended information about this artwork
Masterpieces in The Art Institute of Chicago (Chicago, 1952), n.p.
Dorothy Bridaham, Toulouse-Lautrec in The Art Institute of Chicago (Zurich, 1954), (ill.).
M. G. Dortu, Toulouse-Lautre et son oeuvre, III (New York, 1971), no. A188 (ill.).
John O’Brian, Degas to Matisse: The Maurice Wertheim Collection (New York, 1988), p. 78 (ill.).
Chicago, The Arts Club, “Loan Exhibition of Modern Paintings and Drawings from Private Collections in Chicago,” November 4-25, 1938, cat. 145.
Philadelphia Museum of Art, “Toulouse-Lautrec,” October 29-December 11, 1955, cat. 80; traveled to The Art Institute of Chicago, January 2-February 15, 1956.
New York, Museum of Modern Art, “Toulouse-Lautrec, Paintings, Drawings, Posters and Lithographs,” March 20-May 6, 1956, cat. 46.
Estate of the artist [Lugt 1338]; Les Comtes de Toulouse-Lautrec (relative of the artist) [Dortu 1971]. Comte d’Anselmes (relative of the artist) [Dortu 1971]. Robert Alexander Waller [Dortu 1971]. Mrs. Charles Goodspeed (née Elizabeth Fuller, later Mrs. Gilbert Chapman; 1893–1980), Chicago, by 1938 [Chicago 1938]; given to the Art Institute, 1947.
Object information is a work in progress and may be updated as new research findings emerge. To help improve this record, please email .