About this artwork
Bold diagonals dominate this furnishing fabric design named after the Hussars, lightly armed European cavalry officers who wear highly decorated uniforms. The pointed and angled geometry of the rectilinear forms conveys a sense of forward motion, as though a force of scouting soldiers astride horses were galloping ahead with speed and urgency.
- Currently Off View
- Maija Isola (Designer) , Marimekko Oy (Producer)
- Husaari (Hussar; Furnishing Fabric)
- Helsinki (Object made in), Finland (Object made in), Scandinavia (Object made in), Europe (Object made in)
- Made 1967
- Cotton, plain weave; screen printed
- 305.9 × 137.7 cm (120 1/2 × 54 1/4 in.); Warp repeat: H.: 76.3 cm (30 in.)
- Gift of Marimekko, Inc.