Signed lower right, below image, in graphite: "E. L. Kirchner"; inscribed lower left, below image, in graphite: "Probedruck" (trial proof); stamped, verso, lower right, in purple ink: "ELK" (not in Lugt); stamped lower left, in black ink: "Kunstverein / Jena"; inscribed upper left, in graphite: "No. 72 (crossed out) 243"; lower left corner, in graphite: "K.II.H.277 S"
500 × 398 mm (image/block); 571 × 445 mm (sheet)
Gift of the Print and Drawing Club
Extended information about this artwork
John Maxon, The Art Institute of Chicago (London, 1970), pp. 138-39 (ill.).
Chicago, Allan Frumkin Gallery, “Prints by Ernst Ludwig Kirchner,” December 5, 1972-January 5, 1973.
Douglas Wilson, Chicago; placed on long-term loan at the Art Institute, September 1943; sold to the Art Institute, 1946.
Schiefler H 277
Dube 308 II/II
Object information is a work in progress and may be updated as new research findings emerge. To help improve this record, please email . Information about image downloads and licensing is available here.