Designed by William Morris (English, 1834–1896) Produced by Morris & Co., London (English, 1875-1940) Woven by Yates & Co., Wiltshire (English, founded 1701); later Wilton Royal Carpet Factory, Ltd. (English, founded 1741)
Wool and cotton, plain weave with supplementary pile warps forming cut solid pile; woven on loom with Jacquard attachment
43.6 × 68.7 cm (17 1/8 × 27 in.)
Repeat: 23.2 × 23.2 cm (9 1/8 × 9 1/8 in.)
Gift of Mr. and Mrs. Sidney Haskins
IIIF Manifest The International Image Interoperability Framework (IIIF) represents a set of open standards that enables rich access to digital media from libraries, archives, museums, and other cultural institutions around the world.
Art Institute of Chicago, Agnes Allerton Gallery, A Selection of Fabrics from the 1880s–1940s from the Permanent Collection, Nov. 13, 1982–Feb. 15, 1983.
Sylvia Shaw Judson Haskings, Lake Forest, IL, by 1973 [Incoming receipt dated 8/4/1973 in curatorial file, Textiles Department]; given to the Art Institute of Chicago, 1973.
Object information is a work in progress and may be updated as new research findings emerge. To help improve this record, please email . Information about image downloads and licensing is available here.