“Mission Accomplished,” Chicago Tribune, Sept. 14, 1980, sect. 13.
Milo M. Naeve, Identifying American Furniture (American Association for State and Local History, 1981), 50, no. 102.
David Hanks, “Chicago Furniture,” in Mary Jean Madigan, et al., Nineteenth Century Furniture: Innovation, Revival and Reform (New York, 1982), 90-91 (ill.).
Sharon Darling, Chicago Furniture, Art, Craft, and Industry, 1833–1983, exh. cat., (W.W. Norton, 1984), 255 (ill.).
John S. Bowman, American Furniture (Exeter Books, 1985), 159 (ill.).
Anita Gold, “Antiques and Collectibles,” Chicago Tribune, Sept. 15, 1989, sect. 7, 55 (ill.).
Milo M. Naeve, Identifying American Furniture, 2nd ed., (American Association for State and Local History, 1989), 46, no. 124.
Chicago from the Inside Out: The Roots of American Architecture (Abrams, 1993), ill.
Judith A. Barter et al., American Arts at The Art Institute of Chicago: From Colonial Times to World War I (Art Institute of Chicago, 1998), 307–09, no. 157.
Princeton, New Jersey, The Art Museum, The Arts and Crafts Movement in America, 1876–1916, Oct 21–Dec 17, 1972, cat. 76; Art Institute of Chicago, Feb 24–Apr 22, 1973, Washington, DC, Renwick Gallery of the National Collection of Fine Arts, Smithsonian Institution, Jun 1–Sep 10, 1973.
Art Institute of Chicago, The Antiquarian Society of The Art Institute of Chicago: The First One Hundred Years, Apr 23–Jun 19, 1976, cat. 166.
Art Institute of Chicago, Two Hundred Years of American Architectural Drawings, Apr 13–Jun 4, 1978.
Chicago Historical Society, Chicago Furniture: Art, Craft, and Industry, 1833–1983, Dec 5, 1983–Aug 31, 1984, no cat.; Washington, DC, Renwick Gallery of the National Collection of Fine Arts, Smithsonian Institution, Oct 12, 1984–Apr 7, 1985, New York, Cooper Hewitt Museum, May 21–Aug 25, 1985.
Minneapolis Institute of Arts, Minnesota 1900, Jun 18–Sep 4, 1994.
Art Institute of Chicago, Apostles of Beauty: Arts and Crafts from Britain to Chicago, Nov 7, 2009–Jan 31, 2010, cat. 45.
Mr. and Mrs. Joseph Zwers, Riverside, Illinois, by 1973; sold to The Art Institute of Chicago, 1973.
Object information is a work in progress and may be updated as new research findings emerge. To help improve this record, please email . Information about image downloads and licensing is available here.