About this artwork
In this etching copying Parmigianino’s Saint James the Greater, three-quarters of the upper margin has been trimmed away, leaving only the tip of the saint’s standard emerging from the top. The form of the etching itself conjured up this alteration, and another impression, at the British Museum, which has also been altered in this fashion.
- Currently Off View
- Prints and Drawings
- Master F. P.
- Saint James the Greater
- Italy (Artist's nationality:)
- Artist's working dates 1520–1550
- Etching in black on cream laid paper
- Sheet, trimmed within platemark: 13.2 × 6.3 cm (5 1/4 × 2 1/2 in.)
- Elizabeth Hammond Stickney Collection