About this artwork
The front (obverse) of this coin portrays the emperor Constantine IV, facing forward with a short beard; in his right hand he holds a spear.
On the back (reverse) two crowned figures (likely the emperors Heraclius and Tiberius), are portrayed holding globes, each of which is topped with a with cross. Between them a larger cross is shown atop three steps.
- Currently Off View
- Arts of the Ancient Mediterranean and Byzantium
- Solidus (Coin) of Constantine IV Pogonatus
- Byzantine Empire (Minted in)
- Struck 670 CE–680 CE
- Obverse: DO N ZVCC Reverse: Θ
- Diam.: 1.5 cm (5/8 in.)
- Gift of Emily Crane Chadbourne