10.5 × 4.5 cm (4 1/4 × 1 1/2 in.); Diam.: 4.5 cm (1 1/2 in.)
Museum Purchase Fund
Extended information about this artwork
Karen B. Alexander, “From Plaster to Stone: Ancient Art at the Art Institute of Chicago,” in Karen Manchester, Recasting the Past: Collecting and Presenting Antiquities at the Art Institute of Chicago (Chicago: Art Institute of Chicago; New Haven: Yale University Press, 2012), p. 18.
Francis H. Bacon (1856–1940), Boston; sold to the Art Institute of Chicago, 1889.
Object information is a work in progress and may be updated as new research findings emerge. To help improve this record, please email . Information about image downloads and licensing is available here.