About this artwork
The YMCA College Building, at the intersection of Drexel Avenue and 53rd Street, was designed by Emery Stanford Hall and completed in 1915. From 1966 to 1973 the building was owned by the University of Chicago and subsequently by the Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine, which renamed the building Chauncy S. Boucher Hall. Although the Commission on Chicago Landmarks staff researched the building in December, 1988, as a preliminary to landmark consideration, the building was demolished in 1989. The collection includes seven microfilm aperture cards, with paper prints, of plans, elevations, and detail drawings, as well as a copy of the December 1988 “Preliminary Staff Summary of Information submitted to the Commission on Chicago Landmarks.”
Collections may be accessed in the Franke Reading Room of the Research Center at The Art Institute of Chicago, by appointment only. For further information, consult the FAQ.
Contact the Ryerson and Burnham Art and Architecture Archives:
- Currently Off View
- AIC Archives
- Commission on Chicago Historical and Architectural Landmarks (Collected by)
- YMCA College Building Collection
- Made 1988
- Aperture cards and photocopies.
- 1 oversize portfolio: H.: 3.1 cm (1 1/4 in.)