About this artwork
James Teague studied industrial design at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago during the 1930s. In 1950, Teague and two colleagues bought the Chicago firm of Barnes & Reinecke’s company’s design interests and formed their independent partnership, Painter/Teague/Petertil, Industrial Designers. Teague practiced product and graphic design independently in Chicago after 1960. This collection contains a scrapbook of Teague’s product and graphic designs and a small grouping of professional papers and photographs.
Collections may be accessed in the Franke Reading Room of the Research Center at The Art Institute of Chicago, by appointment only. For further information, consult the FAQ.
Finding aids by subject
Browse all finding aids
Browse images and media
Contact the Ryerson and Burnham Art and Architecture Archives:
- Currently Off View
- AIC Archives
- James Teague Papers
- Made 1950–1989
- Forty-one portfolio pages consisting of printed papers and black and white photographic prints as well as loose black and white photographic prints, color photographic prints, additional printed papers, realia and a studio site map.
- 1 portfolio: H.: 15.3 cm (6 in.)
- Gift of the Dorothy Rawlins Teague Estate, 2001.