About this artwork
Hall was employed with the Chicago architectural firm Holabird & Roche (later Holabird & Root) as a designer and draftsman. This collection is comprised of twenty-seven mounted photographs of Gilbert Phelps Hall’s nuanced renderings of Holabird & Root buildings in Illinois, Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, and Wisconsin from about 1928 to about 1934.
Collections may be accessed in the Franke Reading Room of the Research Center at The Art Institute of Chicago, by appointment only. For further information, consult the FAQ.
Contact the Ryerson and Burnham Art and Architecture Archives:
- Currently Off View
- AIC Archives
- Holabird and Roche (Architect)
- Gilbert P. Hall Collection
- Made 1930–1934
- Mounted black and white photographic prints.
- 1 portfolio: H.: 3.1 cm (1 1/4 in.)
- Gift of Gilbert P. Hall, 1934.