About this artwork
The State of Illinois, as new owner of one of Frank Lloyd Wright’s most sophisticated Prairie School houses, undertook an extensive restoration project of the Dana-Thomas house in Springfield, Illinois, between 1987 and 1990. This documentation of that restoration includes restoration reports, project manuals, historical research, condition reports, and architectural plans.
Collections may be accessed in the Franke Reading Room of the Research Center at The Art Institute of Chicago, by appointment only. For further information, consult the FAQ.
Contact the Ryerson and Burnham Art and Architecture Archives:
- Currently Off View
- AIC Archives
- Frank Lloyd Wright (Architect)
- Dana/Thomas House Restoration Plans and Documents
- Made 1981–1991
- Manuscripts, typescript papers, printed papers, color photographs, color negatives, photocopies and architectural drawings.
- Flatfile materials: H.: 91.5 cm (36 in.)
- Gift of Wilbert R. Hasbrouck