About this artwork
Photographs and architectural working drawings for the Joseph J. Bagley Cottage, Grand Beach, Michigan, designed by architect Frank Lloyd Wright in 1916. The Bagley Cottage was one of three Wright–designed residences completed in 1916 in Grand Beach, Michigan, a resort frequented by many Chicagoans. As the house has been severely altered, these documents are the only record of its original state.
Collections may be accessed in the Franke Reading Room of the Research Center at The Art Institute of Chicago, by appointment only. For further information, consult the FAQ.
Contact the Ryerson and Burnham Art and Architecture Archives:
- Currently Off View
- AIC Archives
- Frank Lloyd Wright (Architect)
- Joseph J. Bagley Cottage Collection
- Made 1916–1925
- Black and white photographs and architectural drawings
- 1 oversize portfolio: H.: 15.3 cm (6 in.)
- Gift of Mrs. Edward Hogan.