About this artwork
Cray was the most complex of the large-scale designs named for rivers in that it required 34 printing blocks—more than any other.
- Currently Off View
- William Morris (Designer) , Morris & Co. (Producer)
- Merton Abbey Works (Object made in), London (Object made in), England (Artist's nationality:), Great Britain (Object made in)
- Designed 1884 , Made 1925-1940
- Block printed cotton
- Label (attached to front): Morris & Company New standard Cray 2015 15/5/35 Printed on back: No Price Width Morris & Company Art-Workers Ltd. 17 George Street, Hanover Square. W.1.
- 34.3 × 48.3 cm (13 1/2 × 19 in.); Repeat: 92 × 45 cm (36 1/4 × 17 3/4 in.)
- Gift of Crab Tree Farm Foundation