About this artwork
Cray was the most complex of the large-scale designs named for rivers in that it required 34 printing blocks—more than any other.
- Currently Off View
- William Morris (Designer) , Merton Abbey Works (Printer) , Morris & Co. (Producer)
- Merton Abbey Works (Object made in), London (Object made in), England (Artist's nationality), Great Britain (Object made in)
- Designed 1884 , Made 1884-1917
- Cotton, plain weave, block printed
- Selvage: REGD. Morris & Company, 440 Oxford Street, W.
- 280.8 × 97.8 cm (110 5/8 × 38 1/2 in.); Repeat: 94.5 × 45 cm (37 1/4 × 17 3/4 in.)
- Gift of Mrs. Charles F. Batchelder