About this artwork
Stranded Sears Tower was commissioned for an exhibition in Chicago in 1992, in which Lynn was asked to reenvision one of Chicago’s landmark buildings. Lynn relocated the building to a leftover linear site between the original site of the tower and the Chicago River. In order to visualize his design he developed a comprehensive scheme comprising a handmade model and a full set of hand-drawn plans, elevations, and composite drawings.
- Currently Off View
- Architecture and Design
- Greg Lynn (Architect)
- Stranded Sears Tower, Chicago, Illinois, Elevation Strand E
- United States (Object designed in)
- Graphite and ink on vellum
- 76.2 × 108 cm (30 × 42 1/2 in.)
- Funds provided by the Architecture & Design Society
- © 1992 Greg Lynn.