About this artwork
The artists in the Hairy Who realized that this 1968 book would have to serve two exhibitions, as the artists were the subject of consecutive shows: one at the Hyde Park Art Center and one at the San Francisco Art Institute. They cannily designed the book to read properly from both directions, with one cover by Karl Wirsum and one by Jim Nutt. The interior pages meet in the middle, where the orientation of the book turns 180 degrees.
- Currently Off View
- Prints and Drawings
- The Hairy Who (Art Green, Gladys Nilsson, Jim Nutt, Jim Falconer, Suellen Rocca, and Karl Wirsum)
- Hairy Who
- United States (Artist's nationality:)
- Book with color off-set lithographs on ivory wove paper
- Closed: 28 × 17.8 cm (11 1/16 × 7 1/16 in.)
- Gift of the Raymond K. Yoshida Living Trust and Kohler Foundation, Inc.
- © James Falconer, Art Green, Gladys Nilsson, Jim Nutt, Suellen Rocca, and Kirl Wirsum.