About this artwork
Text printed on reverse of stereocard:
Commenced in 1872, and Opened for the Reception of Guests June 20, 1874.
Built of Brick and Stone; contains 768 Sleeping Rooms, besides 65 suits, each Parlor of which has from one to seven Bed Rooms connecting, also Baths, Closets, &c., &c. Every room has Marble Basins, Running Water, Gas and Bells. The Drawing Roms is 85 by 50 feet; Dining Room 212 by 50 feet; Ball Room 112 by 52 feet, Ceilings from 11 to 26 feet high. Halls broad and spacious. There are two Passenger Elevators, and 2700 feet of Broad Piazza. The house encloses a beautiful undulating Lawn, containing three acres, tastefully laid out and completely shaded.
- Currently Off View
- Photography and Media
- Baker & Record, Photographers
- United States Hotel Parlor, Saratoga, N.Y.
- Saratoga Springs
- Made 1875–1899
- Albumen print, stereo, No. 82 from the series "Saratoga Springs, N. Y."
- 7.5 × 7.3 cm (each image); 8.7 × 17.6 cm (card)
- Gift of Harold Allen