About this artwork
James Rosenquist is noted for his use of printed ephemera as elements in collage drawings like this example. This robust study relates to a painting of the same title in the Art Institute’s collection (1994.311).
- Currently Off View
- Prints and Drawings
- James Rosenquist
- Study for Volunteer
- United States (Artist's nationality:)
- Collage composed of cut and pasted papers, magazine cut-outs and Day-glo paper, with graphite and gouache, tipped on ivory wove paper
- 39.5 × 44.8 cm (15 9/16 × 17 11/16 in.)
- Gift of the Irving Stenn Jr. Drawings Collection
- © 2019 Estate of James Rosenquist/Licensed by VAGA at Artists Rights Society (ARS), NY.