About this artwork
Picasso executed this drawing in his Paris studio in 1944, when the city had become a battlefield during World War II. The subject has been identified as a young French resistance fighter who was active during the last days of the war.
- Pablo Picasso
- Head of Young Boy
- Spain (Artist's nationality:)
- Brush and black ink and gray wash, with scraping and touches of pen and black ink, on ivory wove paper
- Signed and dated recto, lower right, in pen and brown ink: "Picasso (underlined) / 13-15 Août 44 Paris"
- 50 × 28.8 cm (19 11/16 × 11 3/8 in.)
- Bequest of Florene May Schoenborn
- © 2018 Estate of Pablo Picasso / Artists Rights Society (ARS), New York