About this artwork
Félix Bracquemond is best known for his role in the Etching Revival, for founding the Société des Aquafortistes in 1862, and for his discovery and promulgation of prints by the Japanese artists Hokusai and Hiroshige. This sheet of studies relates to an 1882 etching of the same title.
- Currently Off View
- Prints and Drawings
- Félix Henri Bracquemond
- The Swallows
- France (Artist's nationality)
- Pen and brush and black ink, with black chalk and graphite and touches of black Conté crayon, on tan wove paper
- Inscribed, lower right corner, in ink, "B."
- 27.7 × 37.7 cm (10 15/16 × 14 7/8 in.)
- Marjorie Hubachek Watkins Fund in honor of her parents