“Near Eastern Art in Chicago Collections: The Art Institute of Chicago, November 17, 1973–January 20, 1974”, Chicago: Art Institute of Chicago, 1973, p. 40, fig. 128.
Handbook of the Department of Oriental Art, The Art Institute of Chicago, Chicago, 1933, fig. 76.
C.F. Kelley, “Persian and Indian miniature painting”, Bulletin of the Art Institute of Chicago, vol. 27, no. 3 (1933), pp. 46-48.
H.G. (Helen Gunsaulus), “Notes on Persian Art”, in Bulletin of the Art Institute of Chicago, Chicago: Art Institute of Chicago, Oct. 1919, p. 99. [Helen Gunsaulus was keeper of Oriental art for 17 years. She became the curator of the department in 1926. Her father, Frank Gunsaulus donated his collection to the museum. Helen wrote this article on the occasion of the Persian Art exhibition in the museum in 1919. We can surmise that since these manuscript folios were part of the Buckingham collection, that they would have been part of the exhibition too.]
Chicago, Art Institute, Masterpieces of the AIC’s collection of Indian and Islamic Paintings, November 20, 2015– May 16, 2016.
Syracuse, New York, The School of Art, Syracuse University, Islamic Painting, April 6-26, 1967
Cleveland, Ohio, Cleveland Museum of Art, Islamic Art, November 3, 1944–February 4, 1945.
Was it loaned for an exhibition from the Buckingham Collection in 1919 to AIC? [Kimia – Did not find record in documents of archives and registrar.]
Collection of George Joseph Demotte and C.J. Blair, (n.d). P. Jackson of Higgs Gallery, (n.d). Acquired by Kate S. Buckingham (before 1919). Acquired by the Art Institute of Chicago, 20 November 1924 as part of the Lucy Maud Buckingham collection. Between 1959–1960, it went missing along with 1924.1346, but was retrieved to the Art Institute following legal action.
Object information is a work in progress and may be updated as new research findings emerge. To help improve this record, please email .