About this artwork
- Currently Off View
- Photography and Media
- Irving Penn
- H. L. Mencken & George Jean Nathan, New York
- United States (Artist's nationality)
- Made 1947
- Gelatin silver print
- Inscribed verso: REF. 389; inscribed verso: ..; inscribed verso: H.L. MENCKEN (RT.) AND GEORGE JEAN NATHAN (L) / NEW YORK, 1947 [in a box]; stamped and inscribed verso: PHOTOGRAPH BY IRVING PENN / Copyright © 1948–RENEWED 1977 by / THE CONDE NAST PUBLICATIONS INC. / Not to be reproduced without / written permission of the / copyright owner.; signed and stamped verso: Irving Penn / IRVING PENN [in a circle]; inscribed verso:“Print made before 1972. / I.P.; stamped and inscribed verso: SIGNED, SILVER PRINTS OF / THIS NEGATIVE NOT EXCEEDING 65.
- Image/paper: 49.5 × 39.7 cm (19 1/2 × 15 11/16 in.); Mount: 60.9 × 50.6 cm (24 × 19 15/16 in.)
- Gift of Irving Penn
- Copyright Condé Nast Publications, Inc.