About this artwork
The front (obverse) of this coin portrays the emperor Constantine I, facing right.
The back (reverse) is decorated with a laurel wreath and an inscription.
- Currently Off View
- Arts of the Ancient Mediterranean and Byzantium
- Ancient Roman
- Coin Portraying Emperor Constantine I
- Roman Empire (Artist's nationality:)
- 307 CE–337 CE
- Obverse: CONSTANTINVS IVN NOB C Reverse: CAESARVM NOSTRORVM Within wreath: VOT X In exergue: BSIS
- Diam.: 1.9 cm (3/4 in.)
- Gift of William F. Dunham