About this artwork
The front (obverse) of this coin portrays the emperor Constantine I, facing right and wearing a crown of laurels.
On the back (reverse), the sun deity Sol is depicted standing, wearing a radiate crown and holding a globe in his left hand while rasing his right.
- Currently Off View
- Arts of the Ancient Mediterranean and Byzantium
- Ancient Roman
- Coin Portraying Emperor Constantine I
- Roman Empire (Artist's nationality:)
- 310 CE–311 CE
- Obverse: IMP CONSTANTINVS AVG Reverse: SOLI INVICTO
- Diam.: 1.9 cm (3/4 in.)
- Gift of William F. Dunham