About this artwork
The front (obverse) of this coin portrays the emperor Constantius II, facing right and wearing a diadem.
On the back (reverse) a type of military standard called a labarum is flanked by two soldiers.
- Currently Off View
- Arts of the Ancient Mediterranean and Byzantium
- Ancient Roman
- Coin Portraying Emperor Constantius II
- Roman Empire (Artist's nationality:)
- 340 CE
- Obverse: CONSTANTINVS PF AVG Reverse: GLORIA EXERCITVS In exergue: TRS
- Diam.: 1.5 cm (5/8 in.)
- Gift of William F. Dunham