Inscribed: P. Fontaine (front of base)
Petitot 1839 (lower left of right side of base)
Charles Micheli / 29 rue Guenegaud engraved on metal plaque embedded (center back of base)
36.5 × 29.2 cm (14 3/8 × 11 1/2 in.)
Purchased with funds provided by the Barrington Associates in memory of Jennie and William Wolffs and S. Lee Wolffs and Franklin H. Pecaro; Ryerson and Burnham Libraries funds
IIIF Manifest The International Image Interoperability Framework (IIIF) represents a set of open standards that enables rich access to digital media from libraries, archives, museums, and other cultural institutions around the world.
Stanislas Lami, Dictionaire des sculpteurs de l’école française au dix-neuvième siècle 4, reprint (Liechtenstein, 1970), p. 80.
Paris, Academie d’Architecture, Catalogue des collections: 1750–1900 1 (Paris: Academie d’Architecture, 1987), p. 346, no. 715.
New York, Shepherd Gallery, “French Nineteenth-Century Drawings, Watercolors, Paintings and Sculpture,” Spring 1988, cat. 56A.
Galerie Martel Greiner, Paris, before 1988 [according to Robert Kashey, Director, Shepherd Gallery, telephone conversation, March 4, 2003, notes in curatorial file]; sold to Robert Kashey, Shepherd Gallery, New York, 1988; sold to the Art Institute, 1988.
Object information is a work in progress and may be updated as new research findings emerge. To help improve this record, please email . Information about image downloads and licensing is available here.