Inscribed: P. Fontaine (front of base)
Petitot 1839 (lower left of right side of base)
Charles Micheli / 29 rue Guenegaud engraved on metal plaque embedded (center back of base)
36.5 × 29.2 cm (14 3/8 × 11 1/2 in.)
Restricted gift of the Barrington Associates in memory of Jennie and William Wolffs and S. Lee Wolffs and Franklin H. Pecaro; Ryerson and Burnham Libraries funds
Extended information about this artwork
Stanislas Lami, Dictionaire des sculpteurs de l’école française au dix-neuvième siècle 4, reprint (Liechtenstein, 1970), p. 80.
Paris, Academie d’Architecture, Catalogue des collections: 1750–1900 1 (Paris: Academie d’Architecture, 1987), p. 346, no. 715.
New York, Shepherd Gallery, “French Nineteenth-Century Drawings, Watercolors, Paintings and Sculpture,” Spring 1988, cat. 56A.
Galerie Martel Greiner, Paris, before 1988 [according to Robert Kashey, Director, Shepherd Gallery, telephone conversation, March 4, 2003, notes in curatorial file]; sold to Robert Kashey, Shepherd Gallery, New York, 1988; sold to the Art Institute, 1988.
Object information is a work in progress and may be updated as new research findings emerge. To help improve this record, please email . Information about image downloads and licensing is available here.