James Wood, “A Record of Sharing with Chicago’s Masterpiece,” A Supplement to the 1982-83 Annual Report (Chicago, 1983), p. 30 (ill.)
Walter Karchieski, “Arms and Armor in the Art Institute of Chicago” (Art Institute of Chicago/Little, Brown, and Company, 1995), p. 108 (ill.)
Walter Karchieski, “Some Netherlandish Firearms in the George F., Harding, Jr. Collection of Arms and Armor, The Art Institute of Chicago”, Proceedings IAMAM
XIV Congress 1996 (Amsterdam, 1996), p. 77 (ill.)
Stephen V. Granscay, “Early Firearms in the George F. Harding Museum, Chicago”, The Gun Digest Company (Chicago, 1952), p. 37, fig. 13.
Grand Ducal Castle, Etterburg, Saxony before 1927. Sold by Offerrman, June 15, 1927 to George F. Harding (d. 1939); transferred to the George F. Harding Museum; transferred to the Art Institute of Chicago, 1982.
Object information is a work in progress and may be updated as new research findings emerge. To help improve this record, please email .