About this artwork
In 1981 Albright began a series of drawn and painted self-portraits at the invitation of the Galleria degli Uffizi, Florence, which for four centuries has collected other significant examples of this motif. For the next two years, ending with his death in 1983, the artist, energized by this great honor, created around 24 small self-portraits in various media, a series that constitutes a summation of his vision and technical prowess.
- Currently Off View
- Arts of the Americas
- Ivan Albright
- Self-Portrait (No. 19)
- United States (Artist's nationality)
- Colored pencil and graphite on hardboard
Signed and dated lower left: Ivan Albright 1983
Signed lower right: ASCUTNEY HOSPITAL AUG23 / WINSOR VERMONT
- 33 × 24.1 cm (13 × 9 1/2 in.)
- Gift of Mrs. Ivan Albright
- © The Art Institute of Chicago.