About this artwork
When this drawing was acquired in 1985, the sitter had been identified as Pechstein’s first wife, Lotte. In 1988, the museum was contacted by his son, Max Pechstein, who identified the subject not as Lotte, but as Lotte’s mother, Frau Kaprolat.
- Currently Off View
- Prints and Drawings
- Max Pechstein
- The Artist's Mother-in-Law
- Germany (Artist's nationality)
- Gouache on cream wove paper
- Signed recto, lower right: "HMP 1910"
- 33 × 25 cm (13 × 9 7/8 in.)
- Purchased with funds provided by Mr. and Mrs. Alan Press and Olivia Shaler Swan Fund