About this artwork
Modeled with water lilies in relief, this rare ewer and basin set blends Rococo sensibility, with its emphasis on forms borrowed from nature, with the plastic potential of porcelain.
- Jean-Claude Duplessis (Designer)
- Ewer and Basin (Pot a l'Eau et jatte Feuille d'Eau)
- Soft-paste porcelain, polychrome enamels and gilding
- Ewer height: 7.5 cm (6 7/8 in.) Basin: 30.2 × 23.5 cm (11 7/8 × 9 1/4 in.)
- The Harry and Maribel G. Blum, Annette M. Chapin, and Richard T. Crane, Jr., Funds