You are here

Residential 1900- and undated

Eckstrom Residence (1)

Eckstrom Residence (1)

604 W. Arlington Pl. (originally 1756 Arlington Pl.), Chicago, IL
Henry Ives Cobb, 1901-1902

 

Map
View additional images

 

A building permit for 604 Arlington Place was listed in the American Contractor's Chicago building permit database May 18, 1901 (p. 21). A year later (May 31, 1902, p. 25) the database references a second building permit issued for the adjoining 606-608 Arlington Place lots. The owner's name was listed alternately as "Mary Eckstrom" and "Maria Eckstrom." See entries for other adjacent Eckstrom Residences at 606 and 608 W. Arlington Place (below). It is likely that this building has been severely altered from Cobb's original design.


Eckstrom Residence (2)

Eckstrom Residence (2)

606 W. Arlington Pl. (originally 1754 Arlington Pl.), Chicago, IL
Henry Ives Cobb, 1901-1902

 

Map
View additional images

 

A building permit for 604 Arlington Place was listed in the American Contractor's Chicago building permit database May 18, 1901 (p. 21). A year later (May 31, 1902, p. 25) the database references a second building permit issued for the adjoining 606-608 Arlington Place lots. The owner's name was listed alternately as "Mary Eckstrom" and "Maria Eckstrom." See entries for other adjacent Eckstrom Residences at 604 (above) and 608 W. Arlington Place (below).


Eckstrom Residence (3)

Eckstrom Residence (3)

608 W. Arlington Pl. (originally 1752 Arlington Pl.), Chicago, IL
Henry Ives Cobb, 1901-1902

 

Map
View additional images

 

A building permit for 604 Arlington Place was listed in the American Contractor's Chicago building permit database May 18, 1901 (p. 21). A year later (May 31, 1902, p. 25) the database references a second building permit issued for the adjoining 606-608 Arlington Place lots. The owner's name was listed alternately as "Mary Eckstrom" and "Maria Eckstrom." See entries for other adjacent Eckstrom Residences at 604 and 606 W. Arlington Place (above).


Geier, George, Apartments

Geier, George, Apartments

3059 N. Southport Ave., (originally 732 Southport Ave.), Chicago, IL
Henry Ives Cobb, 1901

 

Map
View additional images

 

American Contractor's Chicago building permit database reported the issuance of a building permit on March 16, 1901 (p.22).


Swank, Charles W., Residence

548 W. Arlington Pl. (originally 1822 Arlington Pl.), Chicago, IL
Henry Ives Cobb, 1901

 

Map

 

American Contractor's Chicago building permit database reported the issuance of a building permit on March 16, 1901 (p.22). If the house was built, it was likely torn down to make way for the 1920s era apartment building that now occupies the lot. Swank was most likely a speculative builder and not the occupant of this house.


Jones, David Benton, Residence

1439 N. Astor St. (originally 141 Astor), Chicago, IL
Henry Ives Cobb, 1902

 

Map

 

American Contractor's Chicago building permit database reported the issuance of a building permit on May 24, 1902 (p. 25). There is no building or lot presently extant at 1439 N. Astor St. Two adjacent residences at 1435 and 1443 N. Astor were built c.1905 and c.1890, respectively, with the most likely scenarios being that the residence was never built or was or was built elsewhere.


Unidentified residence, Chicago, IL

Cobb and Frost, n.d.

 

A rendering of this residence was published in American Buildings, v.1, pl.87.


Unidentified residence, Chicago, IL

Cobb and Frost, n.d.

 

A rendering of this residence was published in American Buildings, v.1, pl.93.


Unidentified residence, unidentified location

Unidentified residence, unidentified location [Chicago, IL?]

Cobb and Frost, n.d.

 

The only known image of this house was taken by the firm of J.W. Taylor and subsequently donated to the Ryerson and Burnham Archives by the architectural firm of Pond and Pond in 1933.


Unidentified residence, unidentified location

Unidentified residence, unidentified location [Chicago, IL?]

Cobb and Frost, n.d.

 

The only known image of this house was taken by the firm of J.W. Taylor and later donated to the Ryerson and Burnham Archives.