- Shop Online
- Join and Give
Teacher Manual: Art of the Ancient Mediterranean WorldUncover the world of ancient Egypt, Greece, and Italy through 20 works from the Art Institute's Ancient collection. This extensive manual includes historical essays, discussion questions, classroom applications, self-guides to the Art Institute, language sections, a glossary, bibliography, and related websites. (©2001)
See More Related
- Coffin and Mummy of Paankhenamun, Third Intermediate Period, Dynasty 22 (about 945–715 B.C.)
- Head of an Official, Middle Kingdom, Dynasty 13 (1773–1650 B.C.)
- Mummy Portrait of a Man Wearing an Ivy Wreath, 2nd century A.D.
- Statue of Shebenhor, Saite Period, Dynasty 26 (664–525 B.C.)
- Statuette of the God Re Horakhty, Third Intermediate Period, Dynasty 21–26, (about 1069–664 B.C.)
- Wall Fragment from the Tomb of Amenemhet and His Wife Hemet, Middle Kingdom, Dynasty 12 (1991-1784 B.C.)
- Architectural Relief Depicting Gigantomachy (Battle Between Gods and Giants), 3rd/2nd century B.C.
- Hand Mirror, 470-450 B.C.
- Belly-Amphora (Storage Jar), About 550-540 B.C.
- Fragment of a Funerary Naiskos (Monument in the Shape of a Temple), about 330 B.C.
- Pair of Protomes Depicting the Forepart of a Griffin, 625-575 B.C.
- Statuette of a Female Figure, Early Bronze Age, 2600-2400 B.C.
- Tetradrachm (Coin) Portraying Alexander the Great, 306-281 B.C., Issued by King Lysimachus of Thrace
- Amphoriskos (Container for Oil), 1st century A.D.
- Aureus (Coin) Portraying Emperor Nero, December A.D. 67/December A.D. 68, issued by Nero
- Flask in the Shape of a Date, 1st century A.D.
- Jug, First half of the 1st century A.D.
- Portrait Head of Emperor Hadrian, A.D. 130/138
- Relief of a Falling Warrior, 2nd century A.D.
- Side Panel of a Sarcophagus, First half of the 3rd century A.D.
- Stamnos (Mixing Jar), About 450 B.C.
- Statue of the Aphrodite of Knidos, 2nd century A.D.