Three-Quarter Armor, 1570/80
Steel, etched and gilded, brass, and leather
H. 177.8 cm (70 in.)
George F. Harding Collection, 1982.2102a-t
"Italian Armor for Princely Courts: Renaissance Armor from the Trupin Family Trust and the George F. Harding Collection"/ AIC, 1986.
James Wood, "A Record of Sharing with Chicago's Masterpiece," A Supplement to the 1982-83 Annual Report (Chicago, 1983), p. 31 (ill.)
Walter Karchieski, "Arms and Armor in the Art Institute of Chicago" (Art Institute of Chicago/Little, Brown, and Company, New York, 1995), p. 30 (ill.)
Marquis de Dos Aguas, Valencia before 1927; sold to George F. Harding, Jr. (d. 1939); transferred to the George F. Harding Museum; transferred to the Art Institute of Chicago, 1982.