- Shop Online
- Join and Give
About This Artwork
Two-Sided Pendant with Cameo showing Juno and Minerva, 19th century
Frame: enamel, gold, diamonds, and pearl
7.1 x 4.4 cm (2 13/16 x 1 3/4 in.)
Gift of Marilynn B. Alsdorf, 1991.377
European Painting and Sculpture
Not on Display
Baltimore, Walters Art Gallery, 1958.
Detroit Institute of Arts, Decorative Arts of the Italian Renaissance 1400-1600, November 18, 1958 - January 4, 1959, cat. 375.
The Baltimore Museum of Art, Renaissance Jewels and Jeweled Objects from the Melvin Gutman Collection, 1962-68, cat. 43.
Chicago, The Martin D'Arcy Gallery of Art, The Art of Jewelry 1450-1650, Spring 1975, cat. 34.
San Francisco, California Palace of the Legion of Honor, The Triumph of Humanism, October 22, 1977-January 8, 1978, cat. 100.
Ian Wardropper et al, Renaissance Jewelry in the Alsdorf Collection, The Art Institute of Chicago Museum Studies 25, 2 (2000), pp. 25-26, 96, no. 30.
Henry Symonds (1821-1879), Birmingham, England [according to Gutman sale, p. 28]. Melvin Gutman, New York, by 1958 [according to Detroit Institute of Arts catalog, 1958, p. 147]; his sale, New York, Parke-Bernet, October 17, 1969, no. 56; Marilynn B. Alsdorf, Chicago [according to Wardropper 2000, p. 4]; given to the Art Institute, 1991.